The Peek a Boo Blanket is a free crochet pattern that is perfect for a baby shower or a special gift for a new mom. This pattern is great for beginners as it uses basic crochet stitches, and the finished blanket is sure to be a hit with the lucky recipient.
To make this blanket, you will need a size G crochet hook, worsted weight yarn, and a tapestry needle. To start, you will make a chain that is the desired length of the blanket. Once the chain is completed, you will then single crochet into each chain stitch, working in the round. After a few rounds of single crochet, you will start the pattern.
The main part of the pattern will be creating a series of stitches and spaces to create the peek-a-boo effect. This is done by making a single crochet, chain 1, and then skipping a stitch, and repeating this sequence across the row.
Once the pattern is complete, you will finish off with a border of single crochet stitches and then weave in any loose ends. This Peek a Boo Blanket is sure to be a treasured item for years to come, and will add a nice touch to any nursery.
Where to find free patterns from Peek a Boo Blanket – Free Crochet Pattern:
Peek-a-Boo Blanket is a popular free crochet pattern that can be found on the website Crochet Pattern Central. This pattern is designed by Kim Guzman and is rated as an intermediate level.
The pattern is written in standard American terms and comes with a helpful photo tutorial. The pattern requires two skeins of yarn and a size 7mm crochet hook. It produces a beautiful two-tone blanket that features a unique peek-a-boo design.
The finished size is approximately 40 inches by 40 inches. To access the free pattern, simply go to Crochet Pattern Central, type in “Peek-a-Boo Blanket” in the search bar, and hit enter.
The pattern will appear in the search results. Click on it, and you will be taken to a page with the pattern instructions, photo tutorial, and materials list. The pattern is free for personal use and can be printed directly from the website.
Tips on the best patterns from Peek a Boo Blanket – Free Crochet Pattern:
1. Start with an easy pattern. The Peek a Boo Blanket Free Crochet Pattern is a great place to start if you’re a beginner. This pattern is easy to follow and will give you a beautiful finished product.
2. Use a thick yarn. Thicker yarns work best for this project as they provide stability and texture.
3. Choose a bright color. The peek-a-boo effect of the pattern will be more visible if you use a bright color.
4. Don’t be afraid to mix it up. Feel free to mix and match different colors to create a unique look.
5. Use a large hook. A larger hook size will help you create a looser, more open pattern.
6. Don’t pull too tightly. Tight stitches will make the blanket look smaller and more dense.
7. Take your time. This is a complex pattern, so be sure to take your time and make sure you understand each step before moving on.
8. Block your work. Blocking will help your blanket look neat and even.
9. Have fun! This project may take some time, but it’s worth it.